07aug(aug 7)2:00 pm29(aug 29)4:00 pmRSE Curious
The RSE launches its second annual summer events programme “Curious”, curated to make us think about the world around us. Running from 7-29 August, the series will take place completely online,
The RSE launches its second annual summer events programme “Curious”, curated to make us think about the world around us.
Running from 7-29 August, the series will take place completely online, and will offer the chance to engage with some of the RSE’s Fellows, who are world leading experts. Topics will be as diverse as how robots learn to speak, what happens when we die, curing cancer and how the creatures that exist only in movies are given a voice.
This year’s programme includes ‘Tea and Talk’ events, a format inspired by the coffee house discussions of the Scottish Enlightenment where people would gather to debate issues of the day. There are 25 events that are free to attend, but places are limited to facilitate an intimate experience for participants.
Programme highlights include:
• We’ll all die one day, so let’s try to make sense of it – Professor Scott Murray FRSE, University of Edinburgh
• The sounds of movies, games, and TV series – Orfeas Boteas, Founder and CEO of Krotos studios and RSE Enterprise Fellow
• Breath and sleep workshop – Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
• Fact or fiction? Panel event with Lorna Dawson FRSE discussing the Val McDermid FRSE, Professor Niamh Nic Daéid FRSE and Professor representation of science within fiction.
• Saving the oceans with law and science – Professor Marcel Jaspars FRSE, University of Aberdeen
• Menstrual health: still taboo? Are we making progress? – Professor Hilary Critchley FRSE, University of Edinburgh
Events will take place every day during the three-week run. You can view the full line up and book your place using our button below
7 (Friday) 2:00 pm - 29 (Saturday) 4:00 pm