Calling writers, of all ages! As part of our 2020 November production, “Armchair Theatre”, we are calling all budding playwrights to script their own monologue, with the best to be
Calling writers, of all ages!
What you need to know:
- Monologues can be about anything but must be an original piece of writing – ie your own work!
- Maximum running time around 5 minutes – no minimum running time.
- Please feel free to enter 2 but no more!
- We will have separate categories for under/over 18s, so remember to let us know if you are under 18 (on 31 Aug 2020).
- Entries will be anonymised before the selection process.
- Entries must be received by 31 August 2020.
- 5 senior monologues and one junior monologue will be selected by Malcolm McGonigle.
- Successful writers will be informed prior to our production.
- Please note that no individual feedback can be given.
Malcolm McGonigle is a Linlithgow based writer and screenwriter. He is currently a staff writer on the international Netflix series The Crown. He was a writer for the Scottish Bafta award winning show The Dog Ate My Homework in 2015. He has written extensively for radio and television, most recently for MI High and Rob Brydon’s Saturday Night Quiz Show, The Guess List. He is also an Arts and food journalist and published author.
3 (Monday) 9:00 am - 31 (Monday) 11:59 pm gmt