Do you want to contribute to making Linlithgow a more colourful, cleaner, more interesting and more beautiful place? Burgh Beautiful Linlithgow, an entirely voluntary organisation with no paid staff, is always on the look-out for public-spirited local residents to help us achieve our objectives. Here are some of our current opportunities:
- Gardening, whether as an individual, with friends or as part of a group – no prior experience required and training will be given as necessary. Currently, we particularly need help to sustain the Water Yett gardens (until now the devoted work of Eileen Murray), so some ‘green fingers’ may be a help there! We would also like someone willing to volunteer to work with Scouts, Guides and similar groups on gardening projects and also to help with the floral gardens around the Mill Road crossroads at Linlithgow Bridge.
- Public consultation – helping with forthcoming events to involve the public and schoolchildren in our new public art projects.
- General labouring work such as planting trees, cutting turf, helping at our Clarendon base, cleaning up the town prior to judges’ visits, litter picks, etc (much of this is group working).
- Preparatory work for visits by judges from Beautiful Scotland or Britain in Bloom, including help with listing improvements to be made, preparation of the judges’ portfolio, compilation of a ‘Powerpoint’ presentation on the wonders of Linlithgow, organisation of the judges’ route and those attending, and catering arrangements.
- Working with Local Businesses, particularly to encourage floral displays in the High Street.
- Fundraising and Publicity – we need help with the organisation of fund-raising events such as our Autumn Fair and our stall at the Advent Fayre – and new ideas for raising money! We would also like help with our website, social media activity and keeping our input to this website up to date!
- Working with Young People – we could do with one or more new members on our Youth Working Group, dealing with such matters as liaison with schools and children’s and young people’s voluntary organisations.
If you are at all interested in any of these volunteering opportunities, please do not hesitate to email us at mailto:email@example.com.