Could you use your skills and experience to help a local charity working to make Linlithgow a better place to live and work?
Linlithgow Community Development Trust is looking for new Directors to join our Board. We want to expand our Board with people who share our vision and are passionate about our local area and our community.
We are looking for local people to bring their own expertise and experience to join the Board of Directors, a group of committed volunteers passionate about continuing to strengthen the Trust as a pivotal community-led organisation in the town.
If you have the time to commit; can think strategically; are committed to the Linlithgow area and have expertise in any of the areas below, we would love to chat with you.
- Fundraising, third sector and government
- Legal/charity governance
- Project Management
- Policy and strategy
- Marketing & Digital
We are keen to increase our diversity to reflect the people which our charity serves –young and old, from the town and surrounding areas, and with a wide range of work or life experiences. We’re looking for someone who can spare 4 hours a month and can work effectively as part of a small team.
As a member of our Board of Directors you will:
- be part of an exciting, enterprising and innovative community-led organisation
- help to ensure that the Trust fulfils our charitable aim and vision.
- have the opportunity to give something back to your community and make a real difference locally
Our aim is to make Linlithgow a better place to live and work, through a community led plan of action which provides services, amenities and/or financial support to local initiatives.
Our vision is for a thriving community that is resilient, inclusive, enterprising and sustainable, capable of dealing with ongoing change.
We have several projects underway and would like to take on more. However, we need local people with drive and enthusiasm to help us to do this!
The principles that Linlithgow Community Development Trust work to are:
- To build a community that takes pride in, and manages, its local assets
- To capture and build community passion, enthusiasm, ideas and skills
- To ensure our work is financially and environmentally sustainable
- To work closely with local people and other local groups to strengthen our combined efforts
For an informal discussion to find out more contact email@example.com.